The European Ecolabel distinguishes products that meet high standards of both performance and environmental quality. Every product awarded the European Ecolabel must pass rigorous environmental fitness trials, with results verified by an independent body.
Other environmental labels cover specific environmental concerns such as recyclability or energy efficiency, but the Flower of the European Ecolabel stands for low environmental impacts throughout a product’s lifecycle - from manufacturing to disposal. Consumers can find it across the European Union, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland.
- Detergents must be designed to break down into harmless substances once they enter the environment
- The products must come in a minimal amount of packaging therefore less packaging to recycle or taking up less space in landfill
- Detergents must come with guidelines for safe handling and use
- Recommendations on the label instruct the consumer how to use the correct amount of detergent for the job in hand
- All-purpose cleaners must have instructions for diluting the detergent effectively to clean practically any washable surface
- Cleaning products all contain cleaning agents that help to strip away grime. After being flushed down the drain, many detergents cause undue harm to nature. By contrast, cleaning products with the European Ecolabel do the same cleaning job whilst causing minimal environmental harm.
- By following the European Ecolabel flower, you get products that tread gently on the environment throughout their life cycle, from the creation of the chemicals, through the safe use of the product to the correct disposal of product containers and packaging.
Value For Money
Eco friendly products are cost effective, however, performance is somewhat hindered due to the regulations which permit how much and the amount of a raw material that can be used in a chemical manufacturer.
The general range of chemicals listed are manufactured by one of the largest green conscious chemical manufacturers in the world. The majority of the products listed are supplied by the Diversey Group and are super concentrate chemicals which will provide you with:
- Less ordering
- Lower administration costs
- Less frequent deliveries
- Lower transport costs
- Super concentrate products
- Lower staff time in servicing
- Lower cost in use
- Controlled dilution
- Less packaging