Hygiene Systems Ltd is committed within industry and its place within the environment in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and will adopt a strategy to achieve this involving the following aims:
All of its staff will operate at all times showing due regard to global and local environmental considerations and issues. Hygiene Systems Limited will therefore conduct itself in such a manner so as to improve the environment or ensure that its operation minimises Hygiene Systems Ltd’s impact there on. Employees will also observe all policies that are in force at sites visited in the course of their duties.
The Management and Staff are therefore charged with:-
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Ensuring that the daily operation of Hygiene Systems Ltd does not constitute a nuisance to others
- Operating the company within the guidelines of applicable environmental legislation
- Correctly using equipment and facilities provided to ensure the safe and correct handling and disposal of materials and waste products
- The economical use of all resources so as to minimise waste and take advantage of recycling schemes of general advantage to the community and the environment as appropriate
- Actively promoting the containment and safe disposal and/or recycling of chemicals, liquids, solids and gases in accordance with good operating practices
- Actively promoting the principles of recycling amongst its suppliers and customers
- Sourcing and promoting a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production, distribution and use
- Minimising toxic emissions through the selection and use of its vehicle fleet and the source of its power equipment
- Ensuring staff involved in the assembly and/or handling of products to be used in a food environment maintain the highest standards of personal and operational tidiness, cleanliness and general health and hygiene so as not to introduce a health or safety hazard to the environment
- The promotion of environmental awareness and general encouragement for staff to raise issues of concern and make recommendations and offer ideas to the Management to improve Hygiene Systems Ltd’s performance
In addition, field staff will, at all times, observe the environmental policies and instructions issued by competent, recognised authorities when visiting customer sites and premises. If, in the event that such instruction would appear to contradict Hygiene Systems Ltd policy statements, common good sense or create a potential environmental or safety hazard, staff are instructed to refer to their Director or Supervisor for advice before proceeding.